Wedding planning can be a lot of fun but can also be quite stressful. If you’re not careful, the days and weeks before your wedding will fly by and you’ll be rushing around and stressing over everything.
You deserve to have a relaxing and magical wedding – so make sure you’re not making any of these wedding planning mistakes:
- Getting started without budgeting – Spending money is a necessary aspect of wedding planning, but you have to be careful. Though this is an exciting time, you can’t just rush into everything and spend all that money without properly setting a realistic budget. It’s not the most exciting part of planning your wedding, but it is essential and can help prevent stress down the line.
- Getting lost online – Fully 93% of brides use the Internet to plan their wedding, which is fine, but it’s easy to fall into a digital hole with wedding ideas and picture boards. This is fun to do at first, sure, but you need to be a little more productive as you plan for your wedding. Try limiting your online time to only an hour or two each day.
- Assuming a lot of your guests will say ‘No’ – A bunch of websites will say that 10% of wedding guests will RSVP ‘no,’ but that’s not always the case. You can’t just invite people and hope they won’t make it so your venue doesn’t reach capacity. Instead, only invite people you and your spouse actually want at your wedding.
- Buying everything yourself – Weddings are expensive and can get out of hand quickly if you’re not careful. You’re going to have to purchase plenty of stuff, but there are a lot of items that you can rent and save money. Wedding linen rentals and wooden chair rentals, for instance, are necessary for weddings and will help keep your total costs down.
- Buy your dress first – For most brides, buying their wedding dress is the best part of the planning process — and it should be fun, exciting, and memorable. However, try to wait until you know when and where your wedding will take place. If you decide on a rustic barn in the mountains, for instance, you might not want to go with the fanciest of ball gowns. That being said, do what makes you happy and get the dress of your dreams!
Make sure you have fun and enjoy your special day! If you want to learn more about planning the perfect wedding or find great wedding and party rentals, give Allied Party Rentals a call today!