As the days grow shorter and nights grow longer, it’s important to take advantage of the time we have left outdoors. Despite the cold, fall is still a great time to throw an outdoor party. With all the seasonal food, why wouldn’t you celebrate?
Whether you’re looking to do something different this Thanksgiving or if you’re thinking about throwing a fall harvest outdoor party, here are some things you’ll need to decorate and make the space warm and inviting.
- Build a fire pit. A fire pit can both add to the intimate ambiance and help keep you warm. If you’re planning on hosting your party well past 5 p.m., the light and heat of the fire will keep energy costs down and keep your guests toasty warm.
- Set up some relaxed seating arrangements. Adorn your rental chairs with cozy blankets and position them around the fire pit. Allow your guests to engage in conversation as they stay warm, and roast marshmallows around the fire.
- Serve signature fall cocktails. To accommodate large groups of people, try making big batches at a time. Try making a fall sangria with apples and cinnamon sticks or mulled wine. Serve your warm beverages out of a slow cooker to keep them warm.
- Stay seasonal with your fall food spread. A Thanksgiving menu is classic, but you can also put a spin on fall favorites for any harvest party. Try roasted Brussels sprouts with a balsamic glaze or roast duck instead of a turkey.
- Don’t forget the snacks and appetizers. Find a way to keep things festive. Try using hollowed pumpkins as serving bowls or more classic wicker baskets. A cheese spread, salty pretzels or chips, and a number of bite-sized or self-serve appetizers will keep your guests happy before dinner.
- Skip oranges and yellows and use trendier fall decor, like flannel or burlap. Try working with colors like pine green or cranberry for a less predictable color scheme. It’s recommended that you use three main colors to carry the theme throughout your setup.
- Keep your party covered with rental tents. Party tent rentals keep everyone covered from potential rain, falling leaves, or even a surprise snowfall this time of year. Whether you need to move your outdoor party indoors or if you just want a safety net above your head in case of unexpected drizzle, it’s imperative that you contact a party tent rental company.
When finding the proper party tent rental equipment, consider Allied Party Rentals. Whether you need tables, chairs, linens, dishware, or all of the above, Allied Rentals has everything you need to throw a memorable fall gathering.